Thursday, June 10, 2010

Notes to Self

My head is full of ideas.  It always has been.  How to rework a pair of curtains, lining a pleated skirt, knitting on the bias, a bias cut shirt panel, hand painted scroll work on our old walls up north ...   My home is quiet for a spell and I am able to chew on my thoughts and really develop an idea ... and then it's gone. 

I was lamenting to my husband that I needed to write all this thinking down, but my attempts at keeping a sketchbook had failed.  More than once.  My husband, ringleader of techies (not to be confused with leader of the ring), carries a handful of 3 x 5 cards in his shirt pocket every day (thus, he always wears shirts with pockets).  Why not use 3 x 5 cards?  Brilliant.

Now I keep vintage planters all over the house filled with blank cards and a writing implement.  I jot down my idea and put it at the back of the stack. 


1 comment:

VictoriaG said...

Awesome idea! I'm going to do this also...have tons of places to stash 3X5's here and there...will be fun, perhaps the family will be involved as well and leave little thoughts/comments/wants behind for me!