Monday, August 27, 2012

I am Blowing my Cover


Slipcovering is a really valuable skill.  When I tell someone I know how to slipcover, they immediately follow with a list of furniture in their home that could use a good cover, and when can I start?  I tend to keep it a secret because I don't want to accidentally start a full time business.   



Dressmakers draft custom fit dress "muslins" that can be modified and sewn up many ways.  If you have experience following a sewing pattern, creating a custom slipcover pattern is a good next step. On September 7, please join me at Fiber College for Slipcover Making for a Small Chair.  Learn to make a muslin/pattern for your dining room chairs, folding chairs, even those white plastic outdoor chairs. Design a pattern that can be used again and again, and bring new life to your old chairs. 


This nappy spot is covered in inexpensive denim and is very durable.
It lives in my teenaged boys' bedroom.

This slipcover is made from a bedspread.

There is a tattered chair under here, broken in just right.

 Counting the days, please consider joining in the fun!


 

3 comments:

Liz said...

I ran right over to the FC website before I realized the 7th was a Friday. Phooey (for me). I would have loved to see you (and learn your tricks). Oh, well. Hopefully I'll see you at the fashion show!

Ellen Mason said...

Liz - phooey for me too! If you can't make it to the fashion show we can make another occasion. I want to go back to that mill in Brunswick someday.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog ! I will come back and read much more.. and just wanted to introduce myself, cuz I just friended you on Ravelry :)