Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Stitcher's Bender, Part 2

Here at home I have a well appointed studio, but I am often distracted by life's everyday events and duties. The Artist in Residence position at Searsport Shores helps to focus my attention for the week, and re-calibrates me when I arrive home.

When I wasn't helping others with their stitching last week I was cruising along with my own stitching.

Monday I stitched a dress with an elastic waist. The top is cut from some thrifted cotton, the bottom is cut from a linen blend. This dressform is seemingly a size 0. I am not. The bulk of the dress is clipped up behind her.

Tuesday I stitched a denim skirt, a copy of a favorite. 

Wednesday I stitched a buttoned shirt.

Thursday I stitched a smock.  I knit the slub cotton scarf on my knitting machine on Sunday evening, and the pin is a gift from Thea. I've worn this shirt three times since, easily my favorite.

Friday I stitched a mustard linen skirt. I am convinced mustard goes with anything. The scarf was knit on Thursday, and the sleeveless shirt was stitched at home just before my trip.

And when I was all stitched out I wandered the campground, a lovely mellow place.


Puff the Magic Dragon sung by the Airstream people.
I hope you take some time to focus on your stitches this summer. 

3 comments:

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love it all. The smock with the scarf is fabulous and the mustard and purple is too.
Next week is my 3 day stitch retreat (its a DIY DIY retreat with a sister and a friend). We'll see how it goes...

Ellen Mason said...

Hooray! Have a great time!

Sharon said...

Sorry I missed you -- I was hoping to come play but had to go "home" unexpectedly. Mustard is the new black :-)