Monday, February 16, 2015

A Stitcher's Wardrobe: My Uniform

A favorite smock and another moebius cowl, this time in Jill Draper's Rockwell yarn. Jill's yarn has the body of New England/Atlantic style rustic yarn, but it can be worn next to the skin. She has carefully chosen which sheep make the grade.

The creamy white trim is Nash Island Light, another full bodied yarn that can be worn next to the skin. Truth be told, I made a mistake about 875 stitches ago. Lately I have taken to leaving little mistakes in my work. I find them endearing (when I can find them).  But I believe I will rip this back to fix the mistake because it has thrown off the location of the points. Maybe I will make a smaller mistake and leave it in as a memento.

My pin belonged to my Grandmother Fay.

I made the pattern for my skirt by copying a favorite denim skirt that fit well. It occurs to me (now) that a traditional fly on a skirt is kind of a waste -- I only use it when pulling the skirt on in the morning and taking it off in the evening. It was time consuming to sew this skirt, and while I love it and wear it often, I will be just as happy with flyless skirts from here on.

 I usually wear this with a belt, and the pockets are deep and roomy. That's where I keep my Washingtons and my Lincolns. Happy President's Day!


5 comments:

Beverly said...

I want a scarf just like that one! Is that your pattern or ???

cal said...

"you're the meaning in my life. you're the inspiration." -- Air Supply (i think???)

Ellen Mason said...

I'm so lost without you!

Ellen Mason said...

My pattern ... yours too someday probably.

Ellen Mason said...

Nope, Chicago. You bring feeling to my life, ...