Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Stitcher's Wardrobe: A Strawberry Outfit

My dress form has been wearing the same skirt for three days in a row. Do you ever do that? I can sympathize, I have some favorite bottoms that go into heavy rotation, so to speak. And I guess that was the point of this project, to create a wardrobe of basics that mix and match.
This sleeveless tee is cut from some thrifted strawberry fabric. The armholes are cut for a gal of a certain age looking for a little more coverage than she used to require. These are the times when I am grateful to have the persistence to gain the skills to make what I need.

The knitted collar was worked on my knitting machine, a marled sock yarn from Knit Picks. The pin is from my Grandmother Fay's things. My Grandmother was a gal on top of her fashion game until the day she died. She was raised by her Dad from the time she was seven years old -- I am curious how that played a role in her fashion sense.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another terrific outfit! I have favourite 'bottoms' that are in heavy rotation, too. My denim Meringue skirt and my Old Navy Pixie Pants.