Monday, February 23, 2015

A Stitcher's Wardrobe: Starry Night Outfit


I made this dress in 2013 for my Dress + Cardigan Project. It used to be grey with bright green and dark grey flowers. The garment dye helped bring it together and mellow it out. 

This cowl was knit yesterday at A Gathering of Stitches on one of their knitting machines. The yarn is an inexpensive blend I picked up for learning. Maybe I'll trim the edges with some crochet, or pom-poms. There is a long learning curve in using a knitting machine, but jeepers do the stitches fly once the learning is under your belt. 

If you haven't been to AGOS yet, you should check it out. There are a wealth of classes in a bright inviting work place, and the people are naturally happy to be there. 

Pin from my Grandmother
I believe this will be my last week of posting for this project. This project has ignited a little fire under me for lots more share-able things. Lots.

2 comments:

cal said...

i'm so inspired by your prolificity (is that a word?)!!! you are amazing! hoping it's contagious...

kathy g said...

I love the color choices in your Winnie cardigan! So fun!